In the kitchen again…
1. Finely grate one orange, and mix the zest with ginger jam and vanilla
2. In a large bowl beat the eggs (3) and caster sugar (100g) until they thicken.
3. Gently melt together the (75g) chocolate and (75g) butter then add this into the mix.
4. Mix in the (75g) rye flour and (1/2 tsp)cinnamon.
5. Stir in the (75g) ground almonds and orange,ginger jam and vanilla paste.
6. Tip the mixture into a 1kg loaf tin and bake in a pre-heated oven for 40- 45 minutes at 180°C.
I adapted this recipe from the back of a flour packet. I needed to use up the flour, some ground almonds and chocolate – seemed like the perfect solution. It certainly took away my Sunday evening blues.
It tastes delicious and I will certainly be making more loaves of this kind.